Translate

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Happy Birthday to a lovely young lady

  
 I look at her and can hardly believe that my little Becca is now 12 years old!  I don't know where the years went, or how she came to become such a beautiful, bright young lady.

I'm so very proud of her, and so grateful that God would give me a daughter.  She has been such a wonderful companion in the midst of all these boys during deputation.  She has grown to be my right hand, and greatest helper.


She's has been such a blessing, not only to our family, but to others around er as well.  It has been such a joy to watch her be so generous to others.  She gave away her DS and games to a child that was in the hospital so he wouldn't be bored, and has given away her favorite books to other girls who love horses! She gives her money to other missionary children and preachers!  I've also seen her grow in her relationship with the Lord.  She has seen God answer some amazing prayers for her.  She is learning to love reading her Bible and loves to sit and talk about what she read, and about how to apply it.  The best advice on parenting I ever got was from another missionary who encouraged me to read the Bible with Becca daily, and pray.  I can't put into words how that time together everyday greatly impacted our relationship.  The Lord has used that time to knit our hearts together like never before.  I greatly encourage  all parents to try to do this.
Becca has such a tender heart to other children in need, and looks for ways to help them and encourage them.  I pray that the Lord would continue to mold her and use her.  I love my girl!  I read this poem and just loved it. 

As I watch grow by    Kay Theese                                  
 Do you know how much you mean to me?
As you grow into what you will be.
You came from within, from just beneath my heart
it's there you'll always be though your own life will now start.
You're growing so fast it sends me awhirl,
With misty eyes I ask, Where's my little girl?
I know sometimes to you I seem harsh and so unfair,
But one day you will see, I taught you well because I care.
The next few years will so quickly fly,
With laughter and joy, mixed with a few tears to cry.
As you begin your growth to womanhood, this fact you must know,
You'll always be my source of pride, no matter where you go.
You must stand up tall and proud, within you feel no fear,
For all you dreams and goals, sit before you very near.
With god's love in your heart and the world by its tail,
You'll always be my winner, and victory will prevail.
For you this poem was written, with help from above,
To tell you in a rhythm of your Mother's heartfelt Love!









No comments:

Post a Comment